“Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs.” -Pearl Strachan Hurd
I use to be super sceptical about things like positive affirmations.
But I couldn’t deny my overuse of negative self-talk. I used to say the absolute worst things to myself. Not because I believed it most of the time, but because it kinda became a habit.
Got the answer wrong on a quiz, “I’m so stupid.” I’d tell myself
Hated the way I looked that day? “I look like sh*t.”
Feeling a bit unmotivated? “I can’t do this anymore.”
I didn’t actually believe most of that stuff. I don’t think I’m hideous. But at the end of the day, saying such awful things about myself didn’t help my self-esteem- something I’ve always needed to improve on.
So I started doing the opposite. I tried saying positive things about myself, aka positive affirmations.
I started out with generic ones. The opposite of what I was used to saying about myself, and unsurprisingly, I started feeling a lot better about myself. A simple “I look pretty today.” and the occasional, “I can’t give up.” If I was feeling particularly demotivated that day, felt so good. Because yes I can do it. And yes I do look damn good today.
So moral of the story is; negative self-talk does more harm than good. It does a lot more harm than you think.
This list is long. But I implore you to pick at least one of these affirmations to use on yourself daily. Or in place of the not-so-nice thing you occasionally say to yourself- the words you swear you don’t actually mean. Please enjoy these self care/love affirmations to spark some positivity in your life!
Self Care Affirmations
1. I have what I need
2. I am able to look after myself well
3. My strength comes from taking care of myself.
4. I’m smart because I take care of myself.
5. I love what I can do for myself
6. Being me makes me proud.
7. My ambitions are attainable.
8. I have faith in myself
9. I will focus on showing compassion for myself.
10. I will act and accomplish my goals.
11. My goal is happiness.
12. In everything, I will look for the positive.
13. I will keep learning for me
14. I have confidence in myself.
15. I am going to try new things
16. I am comfortable.
17. I cherish myself.
18. Life is amazing.
19. I am strong.
20. I care for myself on good days and bad days
21. I’m allowed to enjoy myself.
22. My options are limitless.
23. I am well-rested and energized.
24. I have everything I need to be successful
25. I am respected and loved
26. I attract positive people and things into my life
27. I love who I am turning into
28. I deserve love and adoration
29. I value myself and my abilities
30. I accept myself just the way I am
Thanks for reading! This post was all about self care affirmations for positivity and self-love. We all need more positive self talk in our lives. And the most important kind should come from ourselves.
Read More: 15 Unusual Self-Care Ideas You Need To Try
Educational: What Is Self Care and Why Is It So Important